Day Tours--Camping Tours--Fishing Trips--Larc Hire--Charters
FAQ & Need know?
There are many things to see and do
- Self-drive polycraft boats
- Sand board down 35m sand dunes into the water
- Fishing & Crabbing
- Relax in the rubber tubes
- Explore the caves on low tides
- Play beach games
- Soak in the natural salt water spa
- Pick and eat oysters off the rocks
- Swim in the pristine water
- Relax on the sand and soak up the sun
- Relax and read a book on the hammock
- Watch the sunsets (or sunrises)
- Walk along the bush tracks to Bustard Head, Pancake Creek, Jenny Lind Creek or walk along the beach.
- ..and so much more if you’re up for an adventure!
you sure you’re ready??
Other things you may like to know about Castaway
- You will be picked up and transferred to the marina where you will board your Larc/boat to the remote Middle Island. Your ride will take approx 30 – 50 min, so have your camera ready for the amazing scenery.
- The boat will stop on the beach right outside your camp.
- From the Camp Kitchen area there is a short trail leading to the tents, the tents are set up and include thick mattresses. We expect you to look after our tents and take extra care when using zips.
- The camp is set up and ready for you to arrive but remember that you will be expected to keep it clean while you are there and also ready for the next campers to arrive.
- You will find Maps for walking trails in camp, please take care when moving around on the island, there are snakes about …STAY ON THE TRACKS and watch where you are walking.
- There is a First Aid Kit on the Island – inside are instructions for emergencies. In the unlikely event of a serious emergency the injured or sick person will be flown out by a Rescue Helicopter;
- You will need to be ready for pick up for your return trip (back to the 1770 Marina) at the same time as you arrived on the island, unless otherwise advise
What is included?
- camping on Middle Island
- Transfers to/from the Greyhound Bus Stop to the Marina
- Return Larc/Boat transfers from 1770 Marina to Middle Island
- National Park fees
- Free use of poly-craft power boats, sand boarding, crab pots and some basic fishing equipment
- Free use of kayaks, rubber tractor tubes, life jackets, beach games and other assorted items
- Roomy tents with thick mattresses
- Camp kitchen with cooking and eating utensils, food storage boxes (wet and dry), maps, first aid kit, tables, shelter and eskies with ice to store cold food
- Water for drinking and cooking only
- Camp toilet. Please be considerate of others and do not litter the area with toilet paper – put all waste, (other than what goes in the toilet) in the bin provided.
- Lighting and USB power (for phones etc) are available in camp;
- Evening meal – compulsory additional cost $5/night – see below. (a hearty beef/chicken stew – for vegetarians it is a hearty stew without the meat). If you have a special dietary requirement (eg gluten free or vegan) please advise before your departure.
- Hearty evening meal $5/night – payable to us on the day of your departure (compulsory due to limited space and cooking facilities).
- Security deposit of $20pp cash payable to us on the day of departure which will be refunded upon return of your trip if all is satisfactory with the camp, equipment etc.
- Optional Sleeping bag – can be purchased ($20) directly from us./Rent $10
- Extra nights available at just $50/nt ( subject to availability)
You will need to Bring
- A small back pack for your personal items of clothing;
- Food for breakfast, lunch and snacks that you require for the entire time you are on the island. (No glass containers). Dinner is provided for $5/per night Everyone helps to prepare the dinner and clean up.
- Drinks or alcohol as required (No glass!) Note: water is provided
- A water container for hiking
- Sleeping bag (purchase or hire from us)
- Insect repellent, sunscreen and hat
- Toilet paper
- Bushwalking shoes
- Phone and recharger – (for safety if there is an emergency)
- Fishing gear and bait for the Fishing Adventure (only basic fishing gear is included on the Survivor tour)
- A sense of adventure!
Need to know before leaving for 1770 Castaway
- You will attend a pre-trip briefing at the Greyhound Bus Stop on Round Hill Road (at the Caltex service station) at a nominated time, usually on the day of departure. Make sure you reconfirm your trip, if you haven’t already done so, about 1-2 days prior to departure to obtain your briefing time. At the briefing, any questions can be answered.
- Ensure you arrive 15mins before your departure time at the same location as the briefing. Collect items such as food & drinks, prior to this time. Transportation times are tight due to tides, so it is important you are not late. If you are late the boat will leave without you and there won’t be a refund!
- Equipment such as sleeping bags can be purchased through us at the briefing.
- Pack light (small pack or small bag only). It is possible to take some larger items such as guitars at the operator’s discretion. Please check with us before departure!
- If you have a car or van, it can be parked at the marina for free. It is at your own risk & we are not responsible for your vehicle or belongings.
- Do Not At Any Time Move Towards The Boat While The Motor Is Operational.
- Do not touch anything on or in the boat without the consent of the operator.
- There is a Camp Supervisor on the island to ensure the smooth running of the camp and to advise you what to do and where to go on the island. They are not there to baby sit or clean up after you.
- DO NOT GO IN THE WATER AFTER CONSUMING ALCOHOL
- No Food Is Permitted In Tents – place all food in storage containers in the kitchen area. Food left in tents can attract rats, snakes and other vermin. We don’t want you eaten by a python do we!
- All rubbish is to be placed in bins with the lid sealed. This also ensures that rodents, snakes or other pests are not attracted to the camp area.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Ok, here’s the fine print…
- Payment required on booking…NOT on arrival.
- Visa and MasterCard accepted, +1.75%. Credit Card Charges are non refundable.
- You can book via our online bookings page https://1770castawaysurvivor.rezdy.com/, by calling 0401 770 572, via email email@example.com
- NO refunds <7days of departure date.
- $20 admin fee per person for refunds >7days of departure date.
- Gift Vouchers are non refundable.
- NO changes <7days of your departure date (subject to our discretion).
- $20 admin fee per person for date changes >7days from departure date (no refunds after a date change has occurred).
TOUR DEPARTURES / RECONFIRMATIONS
- Tours depart and return from the Greyhound Bus Stop in Agnes Water QLD. Passengers need to make their own way to/from here. We then transfer you to/from the 1770 Marina.
- Passengers MUST text/call 0401 770 572 to reconfirm their attendance and obtain the pre-trip briefing time at least 24-48hrs prior to their date of travel.